IMC Software Engineer Intern 2017-2018
- SOFTWARE ENGINEER INTERNSHIPAre you someone who is passionate about challenging the status quo?
Do you enjoy the process of problem solving, a process where you recognize areas of improvement and iterate and innovate to improve? Does your curiosity and desire to learn drive you?ROLE OVERVIEW:If so, then join IMC as an Software Engineer Intern! At IMC, Software Engineers don’t just write software and design technology. They are responsible for spotting new opportunities, developing new technologies and solving problems. As a result, they deliver results and make a difference. IMC knows that having the best software is what drives our business. Software development here is innovative, pragmatic and fun, even as complexity grows.
As a Software Engineer Intern you will learn what it means to be an Engineer in a real world environment. The internship programme is focused on enhancing your knowledge of algorithm complexity, data structures and writing fluent code. Your responsibility does not stop at programming; it also encompasses knowledge building of our business model and building relationships across our trading and technology teams.
As a Software Engineer intern at IMC you will be supported by both a Mentor and an intern lead who will oversee your projects and professional development. You will have access to classroom sessions, pair programming and code reviews, not to mention our incredible social activities and events.WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
• Student in penultimate year of Software Engineering or Computer Science related degree with a current GPA of 3.0 or higher
• Must have strong knowledge of algorithms and data structures
• Strong analytical skills and desire to solve complicated problems programmatically
• Must have proficient experience in a programming language (Java or C++ preferred)
• Willingness to interact and work closely with non-engineers in a constantly changing environment
• Interest in the Financial Markets; previous knowledge is NOT requiredWHO WE ARE:IMC Financial Markets is among the world’s leading proprietary trading firms, and a market maker in securities listed on exchanges across the globe. Our cutting-edge technology drives everything we do. High performance algorithms, smart strategies and collaborative teams are the core of our business.
Today, IMC Financial Markets is 500+ people working together to build software and trade financial products in our offices in Amsterdam, Chicago, and Sydney. What does this mean for you? The chance to join a multi-national, multi-cultural team of exceptional individuals, focused on making IMC the world’s best trading firm.