IMC Full-Time Quantitative Trader 2017-2018
- GRADUATE FULL-TIME QUANTITATIVE TRADERAre you someone who is passionate about challenging the status quo?
Do you enjoy the process of problem solving, a process where you recognize areas of improvement and iterate and innovate to improve? Does your curiosity and desire to learn drive you?ROLE OVERVIEW:If so, then join IMC as a Quantitative Trader! Why? Because here your decisions have direct impact on the company’s trading profits and IMC is a place where creativity, teamwork and innovation are recognized and rewarded. Traders actively build and enhance the quality of our electronic trading strategies, requiring superior analytical, mathematical, and computing skills. As a trader, you will have the freedom to find your niche within the firm and excel. We hire the best because responsibility and ownership starts on day one at IMC.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
YOUR FIRST SIX MONTHSAs a trader at IMC, you will have the opportunity to work on global teams to learn from the best traders, quants, and engineers from around the world. You will participate in a global traineeship program focused on enhancing your knowledge of trading, programming, and mathematics. The training module consists of in-house courses and trading simulations developed and delivered by our experienced traders and engineers. Within two months you will start trading on the desk where you will continue to learn from a mentor. At IMC, we foster a supportive environment allowing you the freedom to contribute and assume real responsibility, even on day one.WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- Develop, maintain and enhance trading models, algorithms and systems
- Trade a range of financial instruments
- Manage execution and risk of complex trading portfolios
- Research new market opportunities
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Engineers to understand and improve technical infrastructure
WHO WE ARE:IMC Financial Markets is among the world’s leading proprietary trading firms, and a market maker in securities listed on exchanges across the globe. Our cutting-edge technology drives everything we do. High performance algorithms, smart strategies and collaborative teams are the core of our business.
- Student studying an analytical/quantitative or related field of study
- Minimum 3.5 GPA
- Experience with programming in Python is a strong advantage
- Interest in financial markets is a must, but no prior knowledge or experience required
- Superb analytical and mathematical skills
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-moving and competitive environment
- Desire to work in a team environment is a must
Today, IMC Financial Markets is 500+ people working together to build software and trade financial products in our offices in Amsterdam, Chicago, and Sydney. What does this mean for you? The chance to join a multi-national, multi-cultural team of exceptional individuals, focused on making IMC the world’s best trading firm.